Graduate Certificate in Systems Development GradCertSysDev
About the course
The aim of these courses is to provide professionals in the IT industry with an advanced course of study in Systems Development that is current, relevant and integrates industry certification in these fields.
Upon completion of the Master degree, graduates will possess:
* advanced skills in the design, implementation and management of computer systems
* higher order systems development knowledge and skills
* a broad business knowledge base that includes areas such as project management, management and ethics
* high-level industry certification from Microsoft or PMI-ITIL
* advanced skills in identifying requirements and defining solution architectures
* problem-solving skills and methodologies when troubleshooting and documenting systems problems
* the ability to analyse complex client business and technical requirements and select appropriate solutions skills in the development and deployment of solutions that meet customer business objectives for functionality, performance, and cost.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate course graduates will be able to satisfy a subset of the objectives of the Master degree, depending on which subjects have been completed.
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) accredits courses in Information Technology to verify that they meet professional standards in terms of content, staff skills, teaching facilities and quality assurance. CSU has the highest level of accreditation, that is accreditation at the professional level.
The Master degree and the Graduate Certificate make up an articulated set of courses, and credit is awarded in the Master degree for subjects completed in the Graduate Certificate.
Students may elect to exit from the Master degree after completion of four specified subjects and graduate with the Graduate Certificate in Systems Development.
To graduate, students must satisfactorily complete 96 points, which includes the completion of the relevant industry stream certificate (for which credit of 48 points is given) for the Master degree and 32 points, which includes the completion 16 points of relevant industry stream subjects for the Graduate Certificate.