About the course
The aim of the Bachelor of Business Administration is to provide the formal educational requirements for students in order that they may function competently in professional, specialist and managerial positions in private or public practice, commerce, industry and the public sector.
Students may undertake a general program in Business Administration, or choose a specialisation in one of the following areas:
* Accounting/Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
* Accounting/Global Citizenship
* Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
* Global Citizenship
* Human Resource Management/Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
* Human Resource Management/Global Citizenship
* Information Technology
* Managing Professional Business
* Marketing/Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
* Marketing/Global Citizenship
* Regional Business Development
* Sustainable Development and Environmental Economics
* Work Integrated Study
The Bachelor of Business Administration will provide graduates the skills to:
* become successful, ethical and professionally responsible business people able to think and act independently, tolerate ambiguity and think creatively
* use analytical, operational, human relations and management skills required for the recognition and solution of problems and the identification of opportunities in the business environment
* listen and communicate effectively, to collaborate with colleagues and to demonstrate interpersonal skills of negotiation and co-operation
* anticipate, deal with and initiate change in the environment as it impinges on the business world
* engage in lifelong learning.
Where it will take you
As the course is a flexible, generalist undergraduate degree, there are a wide range of opportunities available to graduates. Students can work in government and the private sector in administration and management, environmental management, international business, finance and marketing management.
To graduate from the Bachelor of Business Administration, students must satisfactorily complete 256 points. These subjects are a combination of core subjects, specialisation subjects and electives.