The Bachelor in Multimedia Design gives the student the opportunity to specialise in Mass Communication, Production or Advertising. Each degree option develops a solid base of multimedia skills and knowledge, encompassing interface design, 2D animation, video production, introductory software development, web based design, digital audio and hands-on experience with real world multimedia production. This knowledge is further enhanced by majors in the chosen field of specialisation, selecting from subject areas such as Film and Television, Journalism, Communication or Advertising.
The knowledge and skills developed in these programs will provide graduates with qualifications to establish careers in a wide range of public and private sector industries, here in Australia and overseas. The possibilities include media, advertising, business marketing and public relations, IT, film, television, entertainment and video gaming, and online interactive training networks, to name just a few.
International Students: Students must undertake four subjects per semester (equivalent to 40 credit points) to fulfil student visa requirements.
Domestic Students: Most Students undertake four subjects per semester (equivalent to 40 credit points). You may, however, enrol in fewer subjects (equivalent to 30 credit points) and extend your degree over a longer period.
Bond's Teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, computer labs and industry projects.
Students can combine this degree with any other undergraduate degree at Bond (except Medicine) to suit their professional and personal interests. Bond's three-semester academic year allows students to complete two degrees in the same time it would take to complete just one degree at other universities (dependant upon degree combination).
Every Bachelor degree student at Bond is required to complete at least one subject from each of the following four discipline clusters
* CORE11-100 Communication Skills
* CORE11-101 Public Speaking: Presentation Skills for Leaders
Outcomes: To communicate effectively in writing, speaking and visual; to understand the nature of communication processes and sources of difficulty in communication.
Information Technology (1)
* CORE11-110 Information Technology 1
* CORE11-111 Business Applications of IT
Outcomes: To work effectively with contemporary information technology; to evaluate critically the current and future role of computing technology in the storage, retrieval and processing of information.
* CORE11-120 Cultural and Ethical Values
* CORE11-120 Contemporary Issues in Law and Society
Outcomes: To appreciate the foundation of moral, ethical and social theories and their relevance to issues of public concern and debate; to use theoretical ideas in formulating arguments about how particular issues should be resolved.
* CORE11-130 Strategic Management
* CORE11-131 Entrepreneurship
Outcomes: To appreciate the natural, dynamic and strategic positioning of organisations within their environments; to appreciate the nature of effective work in groups.
Six (6) Multimedia Major Subjects:
* MMDE11-140 Digital Media Design
* MMDE11-150 Website Design
* MMDE12-220 Designing Sound Environments
* MMDE12-250 2D Animation and Simple Games
* MMDE13-340 3D Modelling, Animation and Video Combining
* MMDE13-373 Interactive Media Project and Presentation
Advertising Major (6)
The major comprises of six (6) subjects drawn from ADVT Subjects:
* ADVT11-100 Advertising Principles and Practice
* ADVT11-140 Internet Advertising
* ADVT12-200 Direct Response Advertising
* ADVT12-241 Media Planning and Buying
* ADVT12-242 Creativity in Marketing Communication
* ADVT13-101 Advertising, Brand Image and Cultural Space
* ADVT13-308 Visuality: Understanding Visual Forms
* ADVT13-322 Integrated Marketing Communication
* COMN12-213 Communication Research
* COMN12-270 Communication and Shared Leadership in Groups and Teams
* COMN12-273 Workplace Relations, Career Planning & Portfolio Development
* COMN13-325 Attitudes, Persuasion, Leadership and Conformity
* FITV12-204 Television Commercial Production
Specialist Major (6)
Six (6) subjects from a specialist major in one of the following areas:
* Film and Television
* Information Technology (Refer to the School of Information Technology for details.)
Any two (2) elective subjects selected from the H&SS list of undergraduate subjects or from subjects offered by any Faculty.