Introduction to Public Relations
What Is Public Relations?
How Public Relations Differs from Advertising or Marketing
Benefits of a Public Relations Career
The Functions Public Relations Specialist
Creating a Public Relations Plan
Developing a Media List
Distributing Your Information
Public Relations Techniques
Writing a Press Release
Developing the Media Kit
Internet Public Relations
Monitoring the situation
Building a Website
Career & Skills Development
Gaining Marketable Experience
Types of Employers
Corporate and High Tech
Public Relations Agencies
Preparing a Portfolio
What Employers Are Looking For
How to Make a Good First Impression
Researching the Company
Unconventional Ways to Break In
Freelancing/Starting Your Own Public Relations Agency
Is Self-Employment for You?
Develop a Business Plan
Create a Marketing Plan
Develop an Action Plan
Setting Up Your Office
Setting Your Rates
Contracts and Letters of Agreement
Types of Clients
Marketing Your Services
Responding to Inquiries
First Meeting with a New Client
Working with Subcontractors and Vendors
Differences Between Employees and Contractors
How Will You Benefit?
* Fast track your career in public relations
* Learn the inside secrets of how to become a event management pro in months not years!
* Study an public relations course that was designed in conjunction with the public relations industry
* Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
* Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
* Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
* Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
* Exciting, diverse projects
* The opportunity to meet celebrities and other public figures
* Freebies - see your event for free
* Recognition - build your reputation with every successful event
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Start an exciting media related career which plays an integral hand in forming and analysing public reactions, information and behaviour for corporations, brands, celebrities, governments, political party's, non-profit groups and many other organisations who heavily rely on Public Relations personnel.
Why complete a Public Relations training program? With the right credentials, you can gain excellent positions as a:
* Communications consultant
* Marketing analyst
* Product manager
* Public relations consultant
* Public relations officer
Course Levels Explained / Prerequisites
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
1. Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
2. Diploma: qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
3. Advanced Diploma: The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
* Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
* Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
* Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
* Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
* The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
* Government, business & industry employers 32%
* High school leavers 20%
* Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
* Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
* Military personal 11%
* Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very "hands on" approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the "theory" behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
* Department of Defence
* State of Queensland
* Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
* Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
* Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
* Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
* Navman Technologies
* Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
* Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
* Queensland Compensation
* Calvin Klein
* John Paul College
* Darwin International Airport
* Mitsubishi Corporation
* Commonwealth Bank
* American Express
* Clayton UTZ
* Hennikers Solicitors
* Villari Lawyers
* Aviva Australia Holdings,
* Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
* Federal Workplace Authority
* Centacare Employment Group
* Mission Australia
* MAX Employment
* Gunnebo Australia (Security)
* Brookfield Multiplex
* Coca-Cola Amitil
* Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
* All required study materials and course notes
* Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
* Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
* UNESCO endorsed Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
* A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as an public relations specialist
* Transcripts indicating units completed
* Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
* Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPR
* Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program